How to find help

There are services throughout Australia that offer drug and/or alcohol support and treatment options for yourself or people you care about.

Different people will have different service needs, and this will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues they might be facing.  In many cases, starting a conversation with your local doctor or primary care provider can be a good first step.

You may also wish to call the National Alcohol and Other Drug Hotline on 1800 250 015. The Hotline will automatically connect you to the Alcohol and Drug Information Service operating in your state/territory. Free and confidential advice is available and professionals can assist with connecting you to the most appropriate services for your needs.

Another option you might want to consider is online support and help through Counselling Online.

You can find further details about these services by selecting one of the headings in the right hand column of this page.


Page last updated: 22 Sep 2017