The top facts about immunisation
All parents want the very best for their child’s health. Consider the facts so you can make an informed decision about vaccination.
- Immunisation saves lives
- Vaccines strengthen your child’s immune system
- All childhood diseases we vaccinate against can cause serious illness, including death
- Around 95% of 5-year-old children in Australia are vaccinated – this figure needs to be as high as possible
- All vaccines available in Australia have been thoroughly tested for safety and effectiveness and are continually monitored
- Skipping or delaying vaccinations puts your child and those around you at risk of contracting serious diseases
- Immunisation is a safe and effective way of giving protection against diseases such as whooping cough and measles.
Page last updated: 30 Mar 2022